Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Hydrogen + Oxygen = Water


In my great attempt to balance chemical equations, I sit, and procrastinate. Who really needs to know how to do this? I'm not going to be a chemist. Why must it be required for me to take this? Porque.

It's officially the 7th week of school, and let me just say, it is freezing cold. And the thing that gets me every time, is that, it's going to get even colder. I could cry. My flip flops are going to have to retire early, which they never have done. Flip flops for me are an all year thing, but no, not anymore. Mother Nature thinks that Flagstaff has to be flipping cold, and she laughs in my face. Doesn't she know that they are my security blanket? Well, practically at least. I was walking back to my dorm after spending an hour in Starbucks attempting Chemistry, and the freaky thing was, I could see my breath. And we haven't even had midterms yet.

I was eating dinner with Breeana Summers, and she said this:

"Do you realize that after these 4 years here, you will no longer live with your mom? We'll have to pay our own phone bills, our own utilities, everything. I think I just want to live here for the rest of my life."

Great. Just great. Way to scare me Breeana. But no kidding, I don't want to grow up and have like, oh my goodness, adult responsibilities. Dang. But what I am really excited about, is being a teacher. The thought in my mind just really excites me. I'll wear a lab coat and act like I know what I'm talking about to confused teenagers. But really, it does make me look forward to the future a little bit. I want to change a kids life, and I'm not sure how I can do that by being a Biology teacher, but I'm sure there's a way. Teachers have huge impacts on kid's lives, whether it's in a good or a bad way. Either way, my plan is to leave an impression, just like this one teacher I had for about, oh 6 years. She knows who she is. She changed me, completely for the better.

If I had a glass, I would toast. To the future and all that it beholds. It's scary and exciting, but whether I'm ready or not, I just have to see how the pieces fall in place.

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." - Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment